Sunday, April 1, 2012

Apples Make a Healthy Snack

Apples are great fruit.  I used to not appreciate them as much because of how cold they are against my teeth. But when they say that an apple a day keeps the doctors away, I think there is truth to that. 

Fruit in general is healthier than any snack that you can ever decide to have.  And eating the actual fruit is way better than pouring juice into a glass; even when the juice you are having is 100% juice.

Have you ever tried apples and peanut butter?  It is a great combination and tastes delicious. If you are the type that gets hungry while you work and need a snack and reach for chips or cookies instead of something that will truly benefit your body, maybe you should try this snack because it is easy to prepare, not messy to eat and also has great nutritional value to it. And it tastes great.

All you need is one apple, a knife and a spoonful of peanut butter that you can easily wrap up in aluminum foil. This makes a great snack, breakfast or even lunch because it is a combination of protein and carbs. 
I don’t know about you, but after hearing about the family who ate fast food every day for nine months because their apartment was not being supplied with gas, it made me really think about my own spending habits when it comes to food. They spent over $7,000 on their fast food bill. that's a lot of money.  I think that eating something affordable and from home sounds just about right for me. A bag of apples costs less than a meal at any of the fast food chains you can think of.  I think I’d rather go bobbing for apples. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share