Monday, April 16, 2012

P is For PG-13 Drinks

I like a drink every once in a while. I wouldn’t consider myself a lush but I enjoy a nice cocktail or two every now and then. But I’m not a fish. I drink in moderation and mostly among friends on a social level.

My little cousin turns 13 years old this week. I remember seeing him as a baby and he was a beautiful little boy then, but now, he is growing into a respectable young man and it is awesome to see.

For his birthday, I took him out to the Planetarium which is a wondeful Science exhibit located inside of the American Museum of Natural History on West 81st Street and Seventh Avenue in Manhattan, where we watched a short film entitled, “Journey to the Stars.”  Afterwards, went to have some grub at Dallas BBQ’s on 42nd Street.

My cousin looked at the menu and the first thing he saw were the frozen drinks and asked the waiter for a Strawberry Daiquiri. I made sure to stress to the waiter to make it a virgin one. For myself, I ordered a Miami Vice which is an interesting mix of a Pina Colada and a Strawberry Daiquiri in one. We got the Texas style drinks and they always have such an appealing look to them.  When we got the drinks back, my cousin asked, “Is there Bacardi in my drink?”

Because it was a virgin drink, it did not have alcohol in it. It is what I consider to be a PG-13 drink. You can also virgin a Pina Colada which is pretty cool. You get the flavor minus the alcohol. What was even more interesting was that my little cousin told me he was just joking, knew that it was a virgin and then explained to me what a virgin was; on two different levels. SMH!  Kids say the darndest things. But I know one thing, after I heard his explanation and felt myself about to start lecturing and questioning, I was happy that my Miami Vice wasn’t.

4 comments:

  1. Looks so refreshing! Love the blog. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It is refreshing. Thanks for the compliment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog is very nice. Everything is design in well manner. I am finding this type of information from long time.
    Mumbai Call Girls
    Call Girls in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete

Share