Thursday, May 17, 2012

Soft Shelled Crab Season Makes Me Want to Dance

The weather is getting better and you might be wondering, what is a good after-work spot in the city that I can go with friends, coworkers or whoever I might choose to hang with.
Have you heard of Gingers House? It is my favorite place to be. It is located on Seventh Avenue between 37th and 38th Street in Midtown Manhattan. The ambience is phenomenal. The service is excellent. The food is fresh and delicious and the drinks are just awesome.
For one, the drinks are $4.50 from 4 to 8 PM; and these are not just drinks made with any kind of liquor. I am talking about top shelf stuff like goose. Even for shots. If you want it, they got it.
As the temperature begins to increase and it is getting nicer and nicer outside, the food selections increase. It is soft shell crab season; the season at Gingers that I love the most.
Soft shell crabs are tender and tasty.  They come in many different varieties and always leave you wanting more. Varieties include soft shell crab with salt and pepper, or with black bean sauce, or with garlic sauce, or with ginger and scallion. All taste pretty darn good but my favorite is with the garlic sauce.  You should definitely try it.
Other dishes that are good are the Szechuan chicken wings, the steamed shrimp dumplings with peanut sauce, pad thai, yang chow fried rice, spring rolls, the capsicum shrimp with vegetables, prawns with broccoli and more, among the many dishes that I have tried.
Gingers House is one of my favorite spots because the service is superb and the food and drinks are just right. But during the summer time, it is the soft shell crabs that I am there for. Delicious to the last drop!!! Makes me so happy that the season is here, that I want to dance like my friend, choreographer and dance instructor, Jaze Jeanye in the following Youtube video:

Jaze Jeanye holds classes in her Manhattan based studio on 8th Avenue and 34th Street in the city on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Email her at

sexyonetripledimp@yahoo.com for more information.  


6 comments:

  1. The picture is SOoOoOooo inviting. I love soft shell crab :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! It tastes even better than it looks. For real.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great place to visit in NYC. Love the appetizing food. Yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tis girl. The food is good and affordable. That's the best part about Gingers.

      Delete
  3. The food looks so tasty and nice on that table. Wish I could be there to enjoy it myself and wish we had a Gingers House in London, I'd be there like a shot. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The title of this post just made me smile. Lots of foods make me want to dance, so I resonate completely. The video is awesome. I think I'm off to dance ... wish I lived closer to the restaurant.

    Happy seeing beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Share