Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Fruit and Oatmeal

Breakfast time does not have to be the time when you are packing in the most of your calories. 

If you were like me, you probably are one of those people who don't mind having bacon, egg and cheese every day of the week. I used to go for my ocassional bagels with cream cheese or a corn muffin with a large cup of coffee. But since I started my no meat, no coffee, no bread, no rice or no pasta diet, my whole perspective on eating has changed.

I decided to change by decision because I rather do it that way than for a doctor to tell me that I have to. I realized that my lifestyle change does not mean I cannot enjoy the things I eat. It just means I changed to better choices of food. I can definitely say that for me, change was better than good. It was great.

Breakfast can be a meal where you still eat good, but a little on the leaner side. How about some good old fashioned oatmeal?  It does not take long to make and it is good for you. 

I know what you are thinking! Oatmeal? You probably won't believe this but oatmeal is very filling and could hold you until around lunchtime without even looking for a snack. Actually oatmeal is a great food choice that is not only filling but good for the heart and also reduces cholesterol. 

Here is an idea. Why not add some fresh fruit to it to give it that added umph.  How about some apples?  Or maybe some good old pears? While you might think plain old oatmeal is boring, you might not be able to resist oatmeal with fresh strawberries and blueberries in it.  Not only is it yummy, but it is also nutritious and has servings of your daily fruit value for the day.

Try oatmeal with your favorite fruit tomorrow morning. Or how about just the fruit!  A nice bowl of fruit wouldn't be so bad. What a great way to start the morning off!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post.
    very knowledgeable blog.Your Content is very Niche and Informative
    Fruit Log

    ReplyDelete

Share