Monday, September 3, 2012

Baked Mahi Mahi and Vegetables

It has been a month since I started my new lifestyle.

I have had one cup of coffee this entire month. For me, that's big considering I used to drink about two to three cups a day. I still have yet to have bread, but I did have meat, rice and pasta. Summer is full of barbecues so, I did indulge because it is not an everyday thing; just a sometimes thing.  On an ordinary day though, my diet is mainly fruits, vegetables, beans and maybe fish.

A few years back, my sisters and I went on a trip to Los Cabos, Mexico.  That was where I discovered my favorite fish. Mahi Mahi just has that pleasing taste that I haven’t found in no other. They call it dolphin-like meat. The fish is very meaty and I absolutely love it. I was so happy to find it on sale last week. Made me want to buy it and since I cook every day,  I decided to create a dish using it.
 

Baked Mahi Mahi and Vegetables
 

 
10 oz Mahi Mahi steak

Tomatoes

Garlic

Collard greens

mushrooms

Red and green peppers

Carrots

Onions

Radishes

Lemon juice

Butter

 
In a Medium Oven Tray, Cover the bottom of the tray with collard greens , radishes, carrots and mushrooms.  Cut the Mahi Mahi steak in half and season it with garlic, a teaspoon of butter and sprinkle it with lemon juice.  Place over vegetables. Cover the Mahi Mahi with green peppers, onions, and tomatoes. Set the oven at 425 and let cook in the oven for about 45 minutes.  Serves two.
 
A nutritionist once told me that the more colorful the variety of vegetables in a dish the better. So hence the different vegetables in this dish. Comes out very flavorful with the juices from the Mahi Mahi seeping into the collard greens. Goes well with a glass of Pinot Grigio or even a nice tall cup of hot tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share