Sunday, September 30, 2012

Give Into Food Cravings or Substitute

Vegetables and black eyed peas in soy sauce and breadless veggie pizza

Cravings, they come and go but we are stronger than that. Just because we want something does not mean that we have to have it. There is something known as restraint. If we know that we are dieting and trying to keep the momentum going, perhaps it is better to not go for the thing that our stomachs crave and instead, stick to the plan.

Like yesterday,  I was on my way home from a long, producive day and felt the hunger pangs coming on.  I started craving almost everything you could think of from barbecue chicken patties to popeyes and pizza. I guess that was my own fault being that the only thing I had for the day was a luna bar and a kiwi.  By the evening time, I  had to have something.

There is nothing wrong with pizza which I got tempted to have but I feel at this moment in my journey which after two months of not eating meat, rice, pasta or bread has lead to me to losing 15 pounds, that I had to keep doing what I've been doing to maintain. No bread.  Pizza has bread in it.

When I got home, I decided to get into the kitchen and cook.  Of course I piled up on my usual veggies adding some black beans to it, but still my craving for pizza lasted.  So I made my own version of breadless pizza using baby carrots, diced red peppers, mozzarella cheese, homemade hot sauce and tomatoes, garlic and basil sauce and that was my substitute for pizza and you know what; it satisfied the craving. 

We do not have to always go for the things that are not going to help us in our fitness goals if we are trying to accomplish something.  I say, if you want to truly do something positive to keep yourself grounded, don't give into temptation for bad foods; subsititute and make it better and more geared to your lifestyle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share