Wednesday, October 3, 2012

How Do You Pick A Good Pomegranate?


On a sparkling spring day, all the beautiful flowers and fruits begin to take root and make our gardens beautiful; but my favorite fruit is not any of the ones you would find there because my favorite fruit is a fruit you start to see at farmer's markets in the fall known as a pomegranate.

 
What I love to see is when the warm temperatures start to die down and the supermarkets start featuring the big red fruit to their fruit displays. It has a great taste even though it takes a lot to eat one.  But each seed has a delicious flavor that just melts in your mouth.

 
While I appreciate the sunshine of any day and season, the joy of the day is truly felt when I see the beautiful red peel of the pomegranate available somewhere and at a good price. The problem is, I do not know how to pick them.

 
If I am lucky, a good one will unwind in my arms and when I cut it in half, I see nothing but red, juicy seeds.  But sometimes when I cut them in half, I see a rotten pomegranate that makes me a little disappointed to  have gotten my taste buds ready. Yet, I do love them.

My question is though, how can you truly tell what you are going to get?  How do you pick a good pomegranate?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share