Thursday, November 1, 2012

Baked Sesame Shrimps and Asparagus


Something about those sesame seeds as a spice as opposed to adding salt or butter makes a difference; and that is what brought me to the idea of creating a new dish –
Baked Sesame Shrimps and Asparagus.


Serving Size 4

Calories per serving 76

 

Ingredients

1 cup Fresh Asparagus

2 tbsp organic sesame seeds

1 cup of shrimp

2 tbsp garlic powder

1/3 cup of lemon juice

1/3 cup of white wine

I have to admit, I never cooked raw asparagus before. Usually I get them frozen and steam, but lately I have been on the fresh vegetable tip and decided why not pick up a bunch of fresh asparagus from my local supermarket.  Also, I have been appreciating the idea of baking vegetables and lately have been putting my vegetables in a baking pan to cook in the oven.

Today was no different. I got a two pound bag of cooked shrimp, took about a cup of the shrimps and set them to defrost.  While they were defrosting, I took the asparagus, washed them and cup off the tips and placed the asparagus into the baking pan. Then I rinsed off the shrimp, peeled off the tails and then placed the shrimp almost like a frame, around the asparagus. 

I decided to add spices to somewhat scampi the dish and so, I sprinkled on garlic, some lemon juice and also some Bartenura’s Pinot Grigio.  The only thing missing was the butter which would have made it scampi, but I substituted butter for organic sesame seeds, sprinkled them over the entire concoction and placed it in the oven to cook at 425 degrees for about 30 minutes. 

Baked sesame shrimps and asparagus is a light dish and pretty tasty I might add. Good for a dinner party as a side dish maybe. Nicely pairs up with a glass of white wine.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share