Monday, November 5, 2012

Dinner Idea: Greek Inspired Breadless Pizza

A few weeks ago, I had a craving for pizza but decided against it because of this crazy new lifestyle that I had recently started.

Since August, I have not had any bread. Pizza is made with bread which is not so bad to have if I wanted since it is not an everyday thing. Browsing through Pinterest, I came across an idea to have breadless pizza.  As a substitute for the bread, they used zucchini. Sounded delicious to me.

I am so into vegetables nowadays and have been shopping at the organic store a lot lately. So I got a zucchini from my local organic store and decided to try it but with a Grecian twist.

Greek Inspired Breadless Pizza
 

Serving Size 2

Preparation time 30 minutes

Calories per serving 122

 

Ingredients

1 large Zucchini

1 large Tomato

4 tbsp Black Pearl jalapeno Slice Ripe olives

½ cup canned sliced mushrooms

¼ cup of Athenos Basil and dried tomato Feta Cheese

 

Instructions

1.    Take the zucchini, cut off both edges and then cut the zucchini in half, long ways and place it in a medium baking pan.

2.    Slice the tomato and layer the slices across each half of the zucchini.

3.    Add a layer of the olives on top of the tomatoes and then add another layer of mushrooms.

4.    Sprinkle on a top layer of feta cheese.

5.    Place the content of the baking pan into the oven at 425 degrees and allow to get hot which can equate to about 15/20 minutes

6.    Take out of the oven and allow it to cool.

This is a quick and easy meal to make. Has a nice taste and is a low calrie dish. A bowl of salad would be a nice side to go with it. Pairs well with a glass of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share