Since August, I have not had any bread. Pizza is made with bread which is not so bad to have if I wanted since it is not an everyday thing. Browsing through Pinterest, I came across an idea to have breadless pizza. As a substitute for the bread, they used zucchini. Sounded delicious to me.
I am so into vegetables nowadays and have been shopping at the organic store a lot lately. So I got a zucchini from my local organic store and decided to try it but with a Grecian twist.
Greek Inspired Breadless Pizza
Serving Size 2
Preparation time 30 minutes
Calories per serving 122
1 large Zucchini
1 large Tomato
4 tbsp Black Pearl jalapeno Slice Ripe olives
½ cup canned sliced mushrooms
¼ cup of Athenos Basil and dried tomato Feta Cheese
1. Take the zucchini, cut off both edges and then cut the zucchini in half, long ways and place it in a medium baking pan.
2. Slice the tomato and layer the slices across each half of the zucchini.
3. Add a layer of the olives on top of the tomatoes and then add another layer of mushrooms.
4. Sprinkle on a top layer of feta cheese.
5. Place the content of the baking pan into the oven at 425 degrees and allow to get hot which can equate to about 15/20 minutes
6. Take out of the oven and allow it to cool.
This is a quick and easy meal to make. Has a nice taste and is a low calrie dish. A bowl of salad would be a nice side to go with it. Pairs well with a glass of wine.