Every now and then, a nice salad at home is not a bad thing to have for lunch or for dinner. How about getting a little fancy with it?
You do not have to add a whole bunch of things to your salad for it to be a delicious one. Perhaps it would not be bad to just spice it up to make it exotic. Here is a salad idea to try at home. The idea came to me especially this week when I saw that Mussels were on sale at Shop Rite for under $3.00. Sale items at a supermarket are always a plus when determining what my next meal is going to be. What a perfect time to purchase and cook a food that is truly enjoyable.
The following recipe is for Strawberry Mint and Mussel Salad.
Serving Size 1
Preparation Time 15 minutes
1 Cup Organic Baby Spinach
2 Basil leaves
1 slice of Avocado
1 Box Pier 33 Gourmet Mussels in Tomato and Garlic Sauce
1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Take half the box of Mussels and place in a pot to heat for about twelve minutes
2. Add one cup of spinach in large dinner plate.
3. Add 2 basil leaves
4. Cut up slice of avocado and add to salad.
5. Take strawberries and cut them into smaller pieces and add.
6. Sprinkle vinegar and olive oil over salad
7. Take mussels from fire and add to salad. Your meal is ready to eat. Pairs well with white wine.This meal idea would be nice for a solo dinner, for a date where you are the one cooking or even for a dinner party. This meal would definitely appeal to seafood lovers. It is quick to make and delicious.