Friday, January 4, 2013

The Best Grits in New York City at SOCO in Brooklyn


I have to admit, my taste buds have been programmed to accept almost any type of food and the ability to find something to like about it, but I am now able to make a claim that I have found the place in New York City that makes the best grits.
 

 

The place is called SOCO and is actually located in Brooklyn, the new home of the Nets.

The name of the eatery is easy to remember because it is similar to the shortened name for the alcoholic beverage known as southern comfort. That is exactly what you will find there; style, comfort and southern cuisine that will satisfy your taste buds or maybe even a nice drink to wet your whistle.

 

The first time I had their grits, I thought it was mashed potatoes because of the smooth texture and buttery taste.  The more and more I have it, the better it seems to get.  It could possibly be because they add a lobster tail and nice medium sized shrimps into it, but it tastes so delicious.

 
I know that visitors usually come into New York looking for new and exciting places to visit that they have not seen yet. The Barclay Center or Atlantic Mall might be one of those many destinations.

But they also want to eat great food.  SOCO is a great place to find delicious cuisine and to come with a family, friends or even with a date. The lighting is good and the staff is friendly and quick to respond to customer needs. At least that was my impression from the many times I have visited this restaurant. And also, it is not too far from those aforementioned places to visit. 
 

SOCO is located at 509 Myrtle Avenue in Brooklyn, NY.  Some of their other delicious dishes are mussels and sausage in habanera sauce, fried chicken with red velvet waffles, rib pizza and more. They have great sides also with a very tasty macaroni and cheese dish and also their corn bread.  You can check out their website to see for yourself the different things featured on their menu. Here is the link: http://www.socobk.com/
 
 
 
 
 
If you are ever in Brooklyn and are looking for a place to eat, go to SOCO and I guarantee you that you might be rambling like me after just one visit.  

Disclaimer: I am not an employee or promoter of the company featured in this blog posting. I was not nor have I ever been hired to write or distribute information based on their restaurant. I am however a consumer with an opinion with a willingness to share product information based on my usage and experience.

1 comment:

  1. hi musiqal1, thanks for your visit, glad to know you. you are a very talented woman- singing, composing and writing- all the best to you. i have never been to brooklyn before, must be a nice place huh. have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete

Share