Sunday, February 10, 2013

Greek Inspired Scrambled Tofu with Bacon


I am not a big fan of eggs like I used to be. 

Just a few months ago, I used to frequent the deli in the morning and get scrambled eggs all the time. Who knew that my stomach would turn at the mere smell of them? 

Nowadays, if I have eggs, it is mostly hard-boiled.  But sometimes a girl wants to have one of those scrambled egg or omelet dishes. And then I discovered that I could scramble tofu and use them as a substitute. So that is exactly what I did when I made my Greek Inspired Scrambled Tofu with Bacon.

The egg version of it was delicious. I used to have it with a croissant when I was eating bread at the time. Now that I do not and don’t miss it at all, I do without and simply enjoy the scrambled concoction that consists of tofu, spinach, feta cheese and bacon.  Yummy! Here is the recipe:

 

Greek Inspired Scrambled Tofu with Bacon

Serving Size 1

Calories per Serving 255
 
Cooking Time 15 Minutes

Fat 19 G

Sodium 792 g

Protein 15 g

Cholesterol 35 mg

 

Ingredients

1/5 of Soft Organic Tofu

2 Slices of Bacon

1 Cup Organic Baby Spinach

¼ Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese

1 Tbsp Butter

 

Instructions

1.    Take the feta and spinach and mix them together in a bowl

2.    Take bacon and place them on a microwaveable safe plate or bowl and place them in the microwave for 2 minutes and 10 seconds. (2 Minutes if you like them less crispy or 2 minutes and 15 seconds for crispier).

3.    Add butter to a medium sized pan and place over medium fire to melt.

4.    When butter has melted, add spinach and tofu and mix occasionally to prevent from sticking to the bottom of the pan.

5.    After about five minutes, sprinkle feta and bacon slices broken into small pieces over tofu and leave on fire for a few minutes more. 

6.    Your breakfast is then ready to be eaten. Best eaten warm.

7.    Pairs well with a nice cup of hot brewed tea.

I never thought I would enjoy tofu as much until now.  I have grown accustomed to cooking it in different fashions; even to the point of using them to make smoothies.  But to be able to have my scrambled breakfast meal again makes a difference. Funny thing is it looks like eggs if you simply peak at it but it is not eggs at all. It's tofutilicious. Food just got a whole lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share