Monday, February 27, 2017

Slow Cooker Stewed Chicken

I was speechless when I first tried using my slow cooker and noticed that I did not have to abandon other things I wanted to do just because I was cooking a meal. It is one of those kitchen appliances that gives me this unshakeable confidence that anything I cook in it will come out great. I cannot remember how I stumbled into knowledge of this cool cooking tool, but I will say that it made my stew chicken come out better than I ever expected it to.

Me & Cooking

I am someone who might go into a cookbook or on Pinterest to find a recipe that interests me and that I want to try. I am also a person who will look at a recipe and improvise. But mostly, I am a person who improvises without looking at any recipe and instead vibes with an idea of what to make. I knew I wanted to make chicken; it was the how to prepare it that I was not sure about. Then I looked at my slow cooker and then I decided that I would make it stewed.

Slow Cooker Stewed Chicken


Ingredients

Chicken Breast
Vinegar
Lemon Juice
Salt
1 Onion
A Dash of Garlic Powder
Vegetables of your Choices
½ Can of Crushed Tomatoes
Barbecue Sauce
Soy Sauce
A pinch of ginger powder
A Dash of Turmeric
1 Packet of Sazon
1 dash of seasoned salt
Water

Instructions

1. Take chicken breasts and place it in a large pot with enough water to cover it, vinegar, lemon juice and salt. Place it over a large fire and let it boil on the stove for about an hour.

2. Remove from fire and throw out the water. Remove excess fat and skin and rinse each piece of chicken under cold water.

3. In crock pot, cover bottom with barbecue sauce. Layer it with soy sauce and then layer atop it with pieces of the chicken.



4. Add water to cover about half the crockpot, seasoned salt, garlic, turmeric, sazon, and ginger. Add vegetables. Slice your onion and cover the entire content of pot with the onions and then add tomatoes.

5. Place cover over the crockpot and set heat on high and let it cook for about 4-5 hours.

The chicken comes out tender, juicy, flavorful 
and the aroma around the house is unbeatable. 
Best served hot. Pairs well with rice. Perfect for a family meal.


11 comments:

  1. My Crockpot is probably my most favorite item in the kitchen. Meat is always so tender and juicy and seriously that aspect of being able to do other things while dinner is cooking is unbeatable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use my crockpot weekly because of of our schedule. I'm always looking for new chicken recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A crockpot meal is always a win for me! This one looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my slow cooker for this reason. I can be gone all day and dinner is done when i get back. This looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so cold and rainy today, and that looks so warm and delicious! I wish I had a plate of this here right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crockpot meals are the best! I've been using mine a lot lately and loving it. There are so many delicious ingredients in this recipe, I bet it tastes so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh I bet that chicken is ridiculously tender! I'm all for anything that will give me an excuse to use the slow cooker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Kristin, Megan's blog partner btw :)

      Delete
  8. I don't think I've ever made a stewed chicken recipe. We do eat chicken a lot. I love to use my slow cooker.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A crockpot is my best friend in the winter !! This recipe looks soooo delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a great dinner option. I love using the slow cooker for meals, it is so low maintenance.

    ReplyDelete

Share