Monday, March 6, 2017

Salmon and Peppers

I have tried sausage and peppers many times, but I wanted to try he peppers concept with a different meat and I did and it came out great.

Salmon and Peppers



I love salmon. It is my second favorite fishes after Mahi Mahi and I am often cooking and experimenting with it, trying out new recipes and seeing what creative meals I can make with it. This time I decided to try it in a different capacity and what a great idea that was to pepper it. The salmon came out nice and juicy, flavorful, tender and my family really, enjoyed it.  Today, I am sharing with you the recipe.



Prep time 20 minutes
Cooking time 30 minutes
Serving size 5


Ingredients

5 Wild Caught Salmon Portions
¼ cup of orange juice
2 tbsp Butter
Garlic powder
1 packet Sazon con azafran
½ green pepper
½ red pepper
½ can of diced tomatoes
1 onion
Italian dressing
Soy sauce
Salt



Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut and dice red pepper, green pepper and onion and cover the bottom of a baking ban with ½ the content of the peppers.
3. Take each salmon fillet, wash it under cold water and place each fillet in the backing tray.
4. Take garlic powder and crust each fillet with it. Add a dash of salt to each fillet. Add a bit of sazon packet to each fillet. Sprinkle with orange juice and soy sauce. Add a piece of butter a top of each fish.
5. Take the rest of the content of the pepper and onions and cover the fish fillet. Add tomatoes.
6. Place baking tray in oven and let it cook for 25 – 30 minutes or until the salmon has browned.





Pairs well with rice dishes. Add a bit of chardonnay to your glass to entice the meal. 

16 comments:

  1. Whoa! This looks absolutely delicious. My husband and I are trying our best to start eating healthy - we're notorious for fried foods and sodas. First step is looking at recipes that may help us with our new, healthier diet. I will have to consider yours for dinner one night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with that. There are so many delicious options that you can make and truly enjoy.

      Delete
  2. My hubby likes to add peppers to everything. I'm quite surprised that we hadn't added it to salmon yet. Maybe because we just use the canned salmon and make patties out of it. Gonna try this next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Peppers make the meal even more satisfying.

      Delete
  3. Salmon is my favorite fish. I make a dish with cream sauce that I really love. The peppers seems like a way to add more flavor and depth to the dish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummy. Cream sauce sounds so yummy.

      Delete
  4. Salmon is one of my favorite foods of all time. Combining salmon with peppers is an excellent way to add more flavor to the fish. I would really love to try this dish. Maybe this weekend I will prepare this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Salmon a lot. I have been making fish a lot more lately.

      Delete
  5. Wow I would have never thought of combining salmon and peppers. I love Salmon and peppers so this will be a great recipe for me to try and so healthy too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. It is super healthy and tastes great.

      Delete
  6. This looks delicious! We've been trying to eat more fish in our meals and I think my husband would really like this recipe. I'm adding this to my dinner lineup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm Italian, so I grew up with sausages and peppers, lol! I love salmon however, I'm baffled that I still haven't thought of eating salmon and peppers together...it's a unique combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This Salmon and Peppers looks absolutely delicious. Salmon is by far my favorite fish. I eat Salmon 2-3x a week. I'll definitely have to give this recipe a try the next time I have Salmon. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely compliment. Hope you like it if you really do try it.

      Delete

Share