Wednesday, April 19, 2017

O is for Oven-Roasted Potato Wedges

Oven-Roasted Potato Wedges

Prior to Easter Sunday, I planned to cook a huge meal and to serve a nice feast to my family.


I already had in my mind what the menu would be. We’d have lamb chops, buffalo turkey wings, rice, ravioli lasagna and more. I also knew that I wanted to make potatoes and at first, thought of making them au gratin. Then, I remembered that I was already making ravioli lasagna which had lots of cheese in it and decided to oven roast them and they came out good.

Potatoes seems to be a meal within itself. If you have nothing else but potatoes, you can be eat and be satisfied.  But within a meal that has many different dishes incorporated in it, nice to have a variety of different choices that you can pick and choose from, just in case you do not want to have everything, oven roasted potatoes can appeal to both young and old.

So how do you make them?

First . . .

Cut up some potatoes into little square wedges and wash them.

Then . . .

Melt a 1.4 cup of butter.

Prepare a plate with spices such as sazon, salt, garlic, pepper, onion powder, parmesan.

Dip potato wedge first in the butter and then into the spice concoction and put them into an oven pan.

Place in oven for about 45 minutes and voila, you have some easy to make and very flavorful roasted potato wedges that everyone can enjoy.

For more potato recipe ideas that you might enjoy cooking for your family, you might love this recipe book entitled, Smashed, Mashed, Boiled, And Baked; And Fried Too by Raghavan Iyer. Looking for a unique potato dish; you might find it in this book. Check it out today on Amazon.


Smashed, Mashed, Boiled, and Baked--and Fried, Too!: A Celebration of Potatoes in 75 Irresistible Recipes

Disclaimer: The content featured in this post is at my own discretion as a consumer and cooking member of the household who desires to share a recipe and food item I created. I will bot be compensated for posting this recipe. However, if you click on link and purchase this recipe book being sold from Amazon Distributors, I will be compensated because I am an amazon affiliate.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I loooove roasting veggies, and potatoes turn out so well. Plus, how can you argue with how easy it is to make these? They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Packets are some of my favorite dishes!
    And potatoes are a favorite food, regardless that it's not a super healthy one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look so yummy! I'd love to have potato for my barbecue, like chicken, beef and lamp. And, can't forget cheese to take along. Thank you for sharing and I definitely try this <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I roast potatoes weekly and never thought of doing them in packets!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Share